Solving repetitive "need-agent" cases
The majority of customer service requests are typically repetitive and don’t add a lot of value to the customer agents’ daily work. Our experience across industries tells us that the Pareto Principle holds: 20% of the standard questions answered by your support team, makes up 80% of the request volumes.
We built Solvemate in order to reduce the repetitive tasks for the human agents so they can focus on value adding activities. As we've written about before, there are two types of support cases: need-agent cases vs self-service cases.
Until now, our virtual agents have excelled at handling self-service cases, where the customer can help themselves, as soon as they have the right information at hand. A typical example is "how to reset my password?".
Need-agent cases on the other hand, are cases where, even with the right information at hand, the customer still needs help from an agent to perform the job. An example could be "I want to block my stolen credit card".
So far, our virtual agents have excelled at solving self-service cases, but even repetitive need-agent cases needed to be handed over to a human agent. No longer!
Today, we are happy to present you with the solution. We call it Routines. They enable your customer service organisation to automatically resolve common need-agent cases, further freeing up the time of your human support agents.
Solvemate can now resolve repetitive need-agent cases by executing a job or providing the customer with information specific to them, directly from your databases.
Routines can make a call to your CRM to retrieve some information about the customer, or it can look up the availability of certain products or services in your backend. That's the beauty of it - it's fully customisable.
Some real life examples
As an e-commerce vendor, your customer might want to know where their package is and when it’s going to be delivered. This type of data is not sensitive, but cannot be found by your customers directly on your website, so they would normally contact your support team to get this information.
Now, with Solvemate, you can enable your customer to access this information themselves:
- The virtual agent will ask them to enter their order ID and their email (you define what input is required)
- Having this information, the virtual agent will search your database
- Having found the order, the virtual agent will display the relevant information (you also define this) to the customer in the widget
Routines for E-commerce
In the telecommunication sector, your customers might want to change the address associated with their account.
It’s an action that our virtual agent will also be able to complete:
- After asking the client for their login data,
- the virtual agent will ask the customer for the new address,
- and will save this information to the database.
Routines for Telecommunications
As an online bank, you want to allow your customers to complete as many online actions as possible, without having to wait for hours on the phone. Especially for emergency cases such as a credit card loss, why not give your customers the possibility to block their credit cards online in few clicks?
- after asking for their credit card number and their personal information,
- the virtual agent will have the possibility to block the credit card in the database.
- It could then offer the customer the option to order a new credit card on the spot.
Routines for Banking
So, how does it work?
- they can be displayed at the end of a conversation
- input fields can be customised
- you can create as many as you want
- on submitting a Routine, no email is sent and no ticket is created
- instead custom code – entered by you or your IT team – is executed and processes your customer's input
- your customers immediately get a response from the virtual agent